Wood and Pellet Heater Investment Tax Credit
What does the tax credit require?
- A qualifying product must have a 75% or higher efficiency rating on the EPA certified wood heater database.
What costs are covered?
- Purchase costs (including sales tax)
- Labor costs
- Venting materials
- Any electrical work required
- Hearth pad (part of assembly/onsite preparation)
When to claim credit?
- Tax credit must be claimed in the year which the product installation was complete
What are the incentive amounts?
- 2023-2032: 30%-capped at $2,000 annually
What do I need to file for credit?
- Manufacturer certification statement
- Purchase receipt
- Tax form 5965